As Florida’s busy spring break season kicked off this month, coronavirus czar Vice President Mike Pence addressed something that’s been on the mind of tens of thousands of families preparing to travel to theme parks: Is it safe?
Disney World remains OPEN!
VP Pence makes a Good Point:
“Whether it be Disney World, whether it be other destination, whether it be cruise ships … those most at risk are seniors with serious or chronic underlying health conditions.”
“Otherwise Americans can confidently travel in this country,” Pence said at a meeting with cruise industry officials in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday
Impact on Tourism
Though several conventions in Orlando have been canceled because of concerns, individual leisure travel hasn’t been affected, local officials said.
The U.S. Travel Association on Tuesday predicted a 6% decline in international visitors to the U.S. over the next three months as a result of coronavirus. If the prediction holds, it would be the largest decline in international inbound travel since the recession a dozen years ago, the association said.
Coronavirus fears hit Florida last week as Disney World opened a new ride based on Mickey Mouse, a park first. The resort’s most anticipated new land in years, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, debuted only last August.
Could the Coronavirus IMPACT Disney World in Florida?
Yes of course! However it’s important to note that they have a comprehensive safety plan and a good track record of dealing with these types of situations.
The chief medical officer for Disney Parks has confirmed that officials are “carefully monitoring” the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, while Walt Disney World and Disneyland currently remain open for business.
Sources: Read Full Article