TS Update-(Friday…Security Increase)
As always we are extra vigilant on Fridays and I wanted to share some information which we received from our contacts: Please feel free to share & contribute:
- Sidi Daoud: Increase security presence. We were told that the salafist (Bashir El Golli) who died in prison yesterday was from Sidi Daoud. http://www.tuniscope.com/index.php/article/18346/actualites/societe/deces-attaque-ambassade-392423
- Ain Zaghouan Mosque: Increase security presence around the area. Friday prayers 12:50-1:50pm.
- American School: We have seen an increase military & police presence.
Bad News Buildup
The combination of the “death of an inmate in the case of the attack on the U.S. embassy” and the developing story in Gaza are the primary reasons for today’s (Friday Nov. 16) extra security presence.
Remember to continue exercising extra vigilance during your Friday routine.:
- Avoid downtown Tunis from 1:30pm-5pm
- If commuting make sure you are traveling through safe roads
- Avoid any form of protest or large gatherings
Although we’ve seen the security situation improve during the last few weeks, there is simply too much cautionary information for us to adopt a low threat level posture.
Let’s continue to share information and work together.