TS Update-(Friday, November 2)
There is a lot of information regarding today’s (Friday, November 2) possible activities so let’s do an information review of the situation:
Here’s why there is a lot of nervous energy today:
- New imam of the mosque “Al Nour” Douar Hicher calls for jihad
- Escalation of violence in Manouba
- A lot of nervous chatter among every day Tunisians
- Increase security challenges
Here’s why security professionals are going with a wait & see approach:
- Since 9/14 the information circulating on social media sites simply does not match the realities on the ground
- A noticeable improvement in terms of readiness among military & police security forces
- Security contacts have identified the areas of concern as: Manouba (Western Tunis) & Tunis Centre Ville (downtown Tunis)
Here’s what we can actually do:
- Continue our Friday precaution routine: Simply adjust your Friday afternoon so that you are not out “exploring Tunisia” between 1-4pm.
- Stay Informed: Continue to monitor the information and most importantly be sure to share any relevant information that you feel could help other Expats.
- Readiness: Make sure your setup is optimal in the event that you would have to stay home for 1-2 days.
Most importantly be sure to turn your nervous energy into positive actions. Let’s keep sharing information and helping each other throughout this process.
Hope we have a safe Friday and a lovely weekend ahead.