Tunisia Security Update Podcast 3
Click on the link to listen:
- The Associated Press has reported that Tunisia is extending a state of emergency…It is the seventh time the measure has been extended since January 2011…the positive news is that this time it was only for one month.
- The decision was taken following a noticeable improvement of the security situation.
- Associated Press article does a good job of describing the various challenges that face this new democracy: “unexpected threat that has emerged:…namely the “increasing boldness of ultra conservative Muslims known loosely as Salafis, who want to turn this North African country of 10 million into a strict Islamic state.”
- We will definitely have to be more aware of subtle changes as we get ready for 2 important events:
- The release of the constitution which is scheduled for October 23 of this year.
- New elections scheduled for 20 March 2013.
Leave a Reply