Greetings to All! I hope you are doing well out there and remaining safe.
To my Expat followers: I wish I could write more about the current security situation in Tunis, but demands of work are simply too great to keep up…Still I hope to add value to this discussion and continue to empower Expats with practical & relevant information.
Friday, is shaping up to be a quite a security challenge…hopefully things will not be as negative as most security professionals anticipate them to materialize, but still we must be prepared for an array of contingencies.
Friday may turn out to be a very challenging day for many reasons chief among them:
(2) Influential Leaders have called for demonstrations all throughout Tunis to include Carthage, La Marsa, and Le Kram.
- A State of Emergency exists and a curfew has been imposed in the Greater Tunis area, including in the suburbs of Ben Arous, Ariana and Manouba, and in the towns of Sousse, Monastir, Jendouba and Ben Guerdane. The curfew hours are 22:00 to 04:00. Additional curfews or other temporary movement restrictions may be imposed or changed with little or no notice.
- Critical times for daytime protests are from 1-5pm.
- Cafes, restaurants, and shops will adjust their schedule around the curfew. Additionally, don’t be surprised if some close even earlier on Friday.
- Tomorrow is not the day to go and “explore Tunisia”…hopefully there will be many opportunities for that in the near future.
- We are expecting a lot of activity in La Kram (avoid it).
Personal Safety Plan
- Make sure you stay updated with the latest information and remember to share info with others.
- Protest and rioting could go into the night so make sure you are prepared in terms of essential items.
- Feel free to send us feedback can easily share it with many others…
- Pass on information via your social networks and keep each other informed.