How Prince Charles FAILED his Social Distancing test….

Prince Charles now has IT. We all know what IT is so let’s get into it.

On Wednesday, March 25 it was announced that the Prince of Wales, (71 and first in line to the British throne)  tested positive for the coronavirus.

In this post I want to briefly outline what I think the Prince did right and more importantly how I think it got it WRONG.

Charles loves to Travel!

According to Travel + Leisure, the future monarch and queen consort actually spend the most out of any of the royals. In 2017, the family as a whole racked up a bill of over $6 million dollars for their travels.

The most expensive trip that year was, of course, Charles and Camilla, whose visit to Italy, Austria, and Romania in the time span of just over a week cost well over $200,000.

Where Prince Charles got it RIGHT…

On March 13, Prince Charles and his wife announced they were canceling their spring tour due to the escalating coronavirus pandemic. The pair had been set to visit Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan.

By canceling their spring tour the Royals not only make a good decision for their own health but they also gave UK citizens as well as the reset of the world a good example of making safe decisions during the pandemic.

Well done Prince Charles!

Where he got it WRONG…

When I read the article concerning the prince’s positive test result one particular line got my attention: “The prince has carried out a high number of public engagements during the past few weeks and therefore it was not possible to know when or where exactly he had caught the virus, the statement said.”

Basically what this means is that the Prince did not practice effective social distancing in spite of being HIGH RISK due to his age.

Thankfully…

Prince Charles is now self-isolating and working from home at the Balmoral Estate in Scotland. His wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, tested negative for the virus, the statement said.

The Prince of Wales is experiencing mild symptoms “but otherwise remains in good health,” Clarence House said in a statement.

Please don’t be like Prince Charles. If you’re over the age of 65 you’re basically automattically HIGH RISK. According to the CDC “8 out of 10 deaths reported in the U.S. have been in adults 65 years old and older.”

So there you have it. COVID-19 doesn’t even respect royalty so do your part and Stay Healthy!

Sources:

Prince Charles tested positive: https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/03/prince-charles-tests-positive-for-coronavirus

CDC Guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/high-risk-complications/older-adults.html

Author: DavidSecurity

A Security Professional with over 15 years experience helping International organizations, NGOs, Expats and Travelers THRIVE Safely in Tunisia.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s